Minutes 2016-03-02 Llanbadoc Community Council
posted on Wed Apr 13 2016, 02:21PM
by Olivia Beaumont
[ Edited Fri Apr 15 2016, 08:39AM ]

  LLANBADOC COMMUNITY COUNCIL  
 
  Clerk: Olivia Beaumont, The Glade, Trostrey, Usk NP15 1JH. Tel. 01291 673515 email. clerk@llanbadoc.org 
  
Minutes of meeting held on Wednesday 2nd March 2016.   

Present: Cllr. Mike Faraday, Cllr. Hilary Jones, Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Jo Chase and Cllr. Laura Jones   

Members of the public: County Councillor Val Smith and PC1233 Rhydian Evans   

1.      Apologies for absence  
Cllr. James Lawrence, Cllr. Mark Reardon, Cllr. Peter Clarke, Cllr. Steve Waring and Cllr. Jo Storey   

2.      Declarations of interest   
 
Planning Matters - Cllr. Peter Clarke has previously declared a personal and prejudicial interest in this item under the member’s code of conduct, due to his position on the Planning Board of Monmouthshire County Council.   
 
County Council Matters – Cllr. Jo Chase has previously declared a personal and prejudicial interest in this item under the member’s code of conduct, due to his position as solicitor to Monmouthshire County Council.   

3.      Police Report 
·         February Crime report received and circulated – Discussed by PC1233 Rhydian Evans   08/02/16, report received that a residential address on GLASCOED LANE, GLASCOED had 2 tyres ‘slashed’ on 2 separate vehicles parked outside the front of the premises overnight. Private CCTV present, but of poor evidential value. No witnesses. Enquiries ongoing. 09/02/16, report received of a break-in to a workshop at a rural premises in LLANCAYO. A STIHL Chainsaw, a leaf blower, and a hedge trimmer stolen. Value of theft in excess of £1,000. Due to the rural location, no scope for House to House. No CCTV, and no witnesses. 18/02/16, report of a break in to a Fast-food unit at USK ISLAND Car Park overnight. Large quantity of meat stolen. No CCTV, and no witnesses. Scenes of Crime in attendance.    
·         PC Evans spoke about CCTV coverage, quality and usefulness 
·         PC Evans informed the council on the current problem with burglaries within Monmouthshire   

4.      Report from County Councillor Val Smith   
·         Woodside in Flood risk management plans 
·         Woodside in conservation area, attendee resident pleased Woodside has been recognised. ·         Location of Usk Sign weakens Llanbadoc Community Council  
·         Woodside will no longer receive service of the town sweeper. Over 40 households in Woodside ·         Broadband info from Monmouthshire misleading 
·         Rumble Street – 7th-25th Drainage issues, any views on what should be done 
·         Resident questions – why are 2 replacement dwellings occupied when original dwelling still standing. 
·         State of Glascoed – need footpaths back 
·         Representation on School, prison liaison and UTAG 
·         Rassau Racetrack proposal– Should Monmouthshire Contribute? Opinions sought.   

5.      Meeting adjourned and members of the public invited to speak   

6.      Adoption of minutes 
 
Minutes of monthly meeting held on Wednesday 3rd February 2016. The chair Cllr. Mike Faraday asked the council if it was their wish that he sign the minutes.  All present were in agreement that they were a true and accurate recording of the meeting and the minutes were duly signed.  
ACTION: Clerk Publish on website Done 30/03   

7.      Clerks Report   
a.      20mph Usk – notices circulated for noticeboards and Facebook 
b.      Queen’s 90th BD commemorative medal for schools and councils 
c.       Vale of Usk RDP Funding events – Mon 14th March 6pm, Llanarth Village Hall – to be attended by HJ and JW 
d.      MCC Temporary traffic notification – Closure of Rumble Street – Mon 7th March for 3 weeks 
e.      Tenovus Cancer request for donations - noted 
f.        Clerks and Councils direct   

8.      Councillors Reports   

(Sub-Group) Procedural and Financial 
(Cllr, Joanne Chase, Cllr. Hilary Jones, Cllr. Peter Clarke, Cllr. Jo Storey, Cllr. James Lawrence)   
 
The clerk provided councillors with a pack containing the following:   
·         LCC Standing Orders 
·         Information (Freedom of information policy) 
·         Welsh Language Scheme 
·         Financial Control 
·         Complaints Procedure 
·         Code of Conduct – guidance for public services Ombudsman for Wales for members of Community Councils   Request to obtain copies of The Good Councillors Guide – ACTION: Clerk to contact MCC Done – electronic version emailed on 04/04   

(Sub-Group) Environment 
(Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Mark Reardon, Cllr. Steve Waring, Cllr. Hilary Jones)   
 
·         JW informed council members that he was chasing further information from the solicitor in charge of Lord Raglan’s estate. 
·         Tree Reports - Bettina has completed a walk over survey – ONGOING 
·         Meeting scheduled for 3/3/16 with SW and Tom Morris deferred 
·         JW proposed that Tom Morris also take a look at the tree reported by Chris Davey – approval by council members 
·         JW informed of tree that has fallen down in Twyn-y-Cryn – resolved by the residents of Yew Tree. ·         Reservoir Trail – Meeting noted circulated 
·         Reservoir Trail reopened on 1st March 
·         Reservoir Trail walk leaflet in process of being redrafted, printed within a month, with costs being met by Welsh Water. Route now clockwise.  Promote in LCC Newsletter.   

(Sub-Group) Website 
(Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Steve Waring, Cllr. Mike Faraday, Cllr. Laura Jones, Cllr. Hilary Jones)   

(Sub-Group) Newsletter 
(Cllr. Steve Waring, Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Hilary Jones and Cllr. Jo Storey)   
 
Group last met a couple of weeks ago, next meeting on Monday 7th March   
 
Aiming for publication by 1st June 2016   
Content 
Councillor Goodbyes, Councillor welcome, Publish vacancy (JS) Photographs Llandegfedd Visitor centre (JW) Monkswood Cricket Pitch (JS) Orchid field, Glascoed (HJ) Walks (JW), Telephone Box (HJ), Commons (SW), Traffic (SW), Group email (HJ), Path care (JW), dog fouling (JS), Maps (JW), Recycling (HJ), Donations (JW), website (SW)   If anyone has any further suggestions for content please approach the group   

Usk Chamber of Commerce – Last meeting - Thursday 18th February at 17.30 at The Three Salmons Hotel   

Rural forum – Note change of date to 10th March 7pm at Raglan School – MF to attend   

OVW – Next meeting 7th April, Sessions House in Usk                              

Prison Liaison Monday 7th March, Cllr. Mike Faraday to attend   

Velothon meetings County Hall on 22nd February 2016 and Mon 14th March at 6.45pm Sessions House Usk. Also meeting 4th April, 7pm, Llanhennock Village Hall for Llanhennock, Llanbadoc, Llangybi and Llantristant Councils – Refreshments inc. – MF to attend.   

9.      Matters Arising 
 
a.      Roads in Glascoed – See email 23rd Feb, Cllr. Mike Faraday 
b.      Potholes – Raised by Cllr. Hilary Jones from last AOB at last meeting – Clerk to contact Area Engineer, and Roger Hoggins to request a site visit ACTION: Clerk Done - Site Visit with Cllr. Val Smith c.       Alternative to grounds maintenance contract with MCC 
d.      JW provided a report on The Beaufort. MF to meet with PC, to see about further action that can be taken. ACTION: Cllr. Mike Faraday ONGOING 
e.      Update on BT phone box – HJ left message with Rita Edwards of Rural Life museum 
f.        Replacement bench at Llanbadoc Island, clerk awaiting to hear from Tim Bradfield ONGOING   

10.  Planning   

10.1 MCC Planning Committee Meeting – Tuesday 1st March   

10.2 Planning Applications None received at time of publishing the agenda   

10.3 MCC Enforcement Cases   

11.  Finance 
·         Copy of accounts previously circulated 
·         Passbook balance - £13,180.17, confirmed by the chair MF 
·         Clerks expenses - £57.20 – proposed JW and seconded MF DONE 
·         Repairs to Llanbadoc Island exit track 25 x £5 bags of concreate - £125.00 - deferred 
·         Hedge Cutting Glascoed Lane, Ian Lewis requested November 2015 - £100 plus VAT - deferred   

12.  Any Other Business (at the discretion of the chairman)   
 
·         JW raised the issue of Superfast Broadband – ACTION: Clerk to follow up with MCC Officer, Cath Fallon 

13.  Date of next meeting – Wednesday 6th April 2016   
 
There being no further business the meeting closed at 20.10   
 
Yours faithfully,   
 
 
Olivia Beaumont, Clerk
Back to top Print View