Minutes 2016-07-06 Llanbadoc Community Council
posted on Mon Sep 05 2016, 03:12PM
by Olivia Beaumont
[ Edited Mon Sep 05 2016, 03:30PM ]

                                          LLANBADOC COMMUNITY COUNCIL  
 
  Clerk: Olivia Beaumont, The Glade, Trostrey, Usk NP15 1JH. Tel. 01291 673515 email. clerk@llanbadoc.org 
  
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 6th July 2016   
 
Present: Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Steve Waring, Cllr. Jo Storey, Cllr. Laura Jones and Cllr. James Lawrence   
 
Members of the public: County Councillor Val Smith and 5 members of the public   
 
1.      Apologies for absence Cllr. Hilary Jones and Cllr. Mark Reardon   
 
2.      Declarations of interest None   
 
3.      Police Report - May and June Crime reports received and circulated   
 
4.      Report from County Councillor Val Smith   
·         Asked if the clerk had received Town and Community Council dedicated contact telephone number for council issues, not yet. 
·         Continue to attend and observe most MCC meetings to try and achieve an overview 
·         Local Service board, now public service board, now has a scrutiny office.  Well-being assessment should prioritise and drive service delivery and standards 
·         Wednesday 13th July – Cllr. Bryan Jones will make a single member decision on draft traffic order for Usk Bridge – keep interested parties informed – ACTION: Clerk – DONE 13/07 circulated individual cabinet report 13th July, Recommendations: Not to implement the proposed Order. 
·         Final Rural Forum on Thursday 7th July 
·         Next year County Council elections – 5-year term.  1 County Councillor to 17 Community Councillors Llanbadoc and Gwehelog -  Consider pre-empting outside views, test of competency, value for money ·         MCC review of open spaces, will be contacted   
 
5.      Meeting adjourned and members of the public invited to speak   
·         Views on Planning application: 
 
Application no. DC/2015/00938 
Application Type: Planning Permission 
Description of Proposal: Planning Permission 
Demolition of existing dwelling and detached Garage. Erection of replacement dwelling and detached Garage. Relocation of existing vehicular access. 
Location: Orchard House, Llanbadoc, Usk, NP15 1TE   
 
Three relevant parties were represented at the Llanbadoc Community Council meeting held on 6th July 2016, this included the applicant and two neighbours.  The two neighbours raised concerns over privacy, style and size.  Another neighbour commented on shift in access, considered a retrograde step. Cllr. Laura Jones commented on the build stating that it was out of character with the area and that access changes were a valid concern.  The applicant confirmed that the architect had worked within the guidelines, and the agent had considerable contact with MCC. Cllr. Laura Jones view was that it would completely change the character of the village, this was supported by Cllr. James Lawrence who also felt it would be a powerful dominating property and impact on neighbouring properties.  The applicant stated that it was energy efficient, and the design was steered by MCC and worked within parameters on a design and energy efficient point of view.   
VOTE:  Approval:1 Refusal:4     
Main Comments: Out of keeping – too bold, modern design, site lines, Size. Privacy issues.  Safety concerns on access.   Please note that the neighbouring properties also raised their concerns that they had not been informed by MCC of the development.    
Notify MCC - ACTION: Clerk to notify MCC 
 
·         Jenny Carpenter – Interested in becoming a Glascoed Community Councillor, had approached Laura Jones and Peter Clarke, observed meeting. ACTION: Clerk to create information pack. DONE emailed information on 13/07   
 
6.      Adoption of minutes – 
Wednesday 1st June 2016 – approved and signed ACTION: Clerk Publish on website    
 
7.      Clerks Report – Please see full correspondence list   
·         Open Spaces, Summer 2016 magazine 
·         Clerks and Councils direct magazine 
·         Shelter, Cymru – Request for financial support - noted 
·         Public Services Ombudsman for Wales – Annual Report 2015/16 
·         2 vacancies on the council – Monkswood and Glascoed Wards – Jenny Carpenter interested in vacancy for Glascoed 
·         Cefn Ila – Megan Jones and Haf Leyshon to attend August LCC meeting. The oral history event is due to happen the same day as the opening of the exhibition at the Usk Museum.  Awaiting date in September. 
·         17th / 18th Sept – Museum mini exhibition.  Cefn Ila – pathway Usk museum to Cefn Ila – Mark Langley, from MCC guided walks first Saturday and third Sunday of every month. Small event. Local community involved. Proposed meeting Rita (manager of Museum) and Mark Langley. MCC. – Wed 7th August. Email details and directions – attendance and communication supported by council members   
 
8.      Councillors Reports   
 
(Sub-Group) Procedural and Financial 
(Cllr. Hilary Jones, Cllr. Peter Clarke, Cllr. Jo Storey, Cllr. James Lawrence)   
 
·         Monmouthshire Building Society – confirmation of removal and adding of signatories 
·         Monmouthshire Building Society – Changes to FSCS limits – all signatories to sign ACTION: Clerk – DONE, all 5 signatories obtained and handed in at Monmouthshire Building Society in Usk on 18/07 
·         New model Financial regulations from OVW – updated June 2016 – Meeting to be confirmed by procedural and financial group (evening or weekend) 
·         Councillor Liability – Cllr. Mark Reardon requested a consensus – Cllr. John Wright asked if this should be delegated to the Procedural Group or discussed as a council as a whole. Recommend that Councillors individually read the insurance policy and discuss at next meeting. ACTION: Clerk to circulate DONE 13/07, also awaiting legal advice from NALC as referred by Shan Bowden, OVWONGOING 
·         Contract control – Twyn-y-Cryn Tree Surgery 2016 – Cllr. Steve Waring ONGOING 
·         Outstanding member’s interests – Requirement to publish on website – Prompted Cllr. Laura Jones ONGOING   
 
(Sub-Group) Environment 
(Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Mark Reardon, Cllr. Steve Waring, Cllr. Hilary Jones, Cllr. James Lawrence)   
 
·         Pathcare group met 5th July 2016 – cleared pathway 
·         Strimming around telephone box at Llanbadoc Island, to be painted, JS confirmed that the glass panels were to be replaced by BT – Laura Jones volunteered her Dad to complete the Strimming around the phone box.   
 
(Sub-Group) Website 
(Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Steve Waring, Cllr. Laura Jones, Cllr. Hilary Jones)   
 
·         Meet to update website, increase knowledge on updating the website – hands on refresher Date TBC
 
ACTION: Website Group   
 
(Sub-Group) Newsletter 
(Cllr. Steve Waring, Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Hilary Jones and Cllr. Jo Storey)   
 
·         Newsletter complete in draft form, drafted piece on BT telephone box, before and after shots.   
 
Rural Forum (Cllr. Peter Clarke) - 7th July at Raglan School (7pm)   
·         Val Smith provided a report   
 
Prison Liaison 
(Cllr. Hilary Jones to attend) - 11/07/2016 in The Cilwrgi Farm Boardroom, - The Barn - NP4 0SZ at 14:00 
 
Usk Chamber of Commerce - Successful Usk Festival   
 
OVW (Cllr. Hilary Jones and Cllr. Jo Storey) – Cllr. Jo Storey and Cllr. Hilary Jones provided apologies as unable to make the meeting on Thursday 7th July, 7pm, Sessions House, Maryport Street, Usk. Cancellation of chairing skills course in Undy on 13th June - £35 paid by LCC   
 
Give Dog Fouling the Red Card (Cllr. Jo Storey) – next meeting to be held in the Conference Room Usk County Hall for 2.30pm on Thursday 18th August 2016.  A2 Sign ordered at a cost of £20.00 (to come from environment group budget – see email from HJ) – NOTE signs to be replaced by MCC with Welsh Language first   
 
Meet with Paul Matthews Working with T&C Councils – Monmouthshire Town and Community Councils meeting –Monday 20th June 6.30pm (Cllr. Mark Reardon and Cllr. Jo Storey attended) – Written report from Cllr. Mark Reardon   
·         Paul Matthews promises 3 meetings a year with each of the local councils to discuss issues and give updates on wider and local issues (combining Usk and local Community Councils in the area) 
·         Set up a dedicated phone line for Community Councils as one stop shop at MCC on a 6-month trial to be operated via clerk (details to be sent to all clerks shortly)   
 
Abergavenny and District Partners against crime meeting – Abergavenny Police Station – 7pm on Thursday 7th July, the new police and crime commissioner, Mr Jeff Cuthbert will be in attendance.    
 
9.      Matters Arising   
a.      Plough over Usk Valley walk (Cllr. Mark Reardon) – a path through the maize has now been cleared and the field edge trimmed (item discharged) 
b.      Heavy Traffic Glascoed Village – correspondence received – discussed, as the community council does not have authority for road signage, clerk to send to MCC for a response. ACTION: Clerk DONE 12/07, recorded onto the MCC highway mail management system, reference number 022035, and been referred for the attention and response of the traffic section. Paul Pelopida copied in.   
 
10.  Planning   
 
10.1 MCC Planning Committee Meeting 
Agenda for Planning Committee, Tuesday, 5th July, 2016, 2.00 pm (circulated by email on 28/06)   DC/2015/01136 - Proposed glamping pods with utilities and services block – Fair Oak, Rumble Street, Monkswood - approved 
 
10.2 Planning Applications   
 
Application no. DC/2015/00938 
Application Type: Planning Permission 
Description of Proposal: Planning Permission Demolition of existing dwelling and detached Garage. Erection of replacement dwelling and detached Garage. Relocation of existing vehicular access. 
Location: Orchard House, Llanbadoc, Usk, NP15 1TE   
 
Notification from MCC on 7th June – requested an extension to 21-day deadline on 28/06 – Item brought forward on agenda, please refer to item 5.   
 
Application no. DC/2016/00669 
Application Type: Change of use planning permission Description of proposal: proposed change of use of land, from agricultural to residential curtilage and erection of a storage building garage 
Location: Millbrook Cottage, Berthon Road, Little Mill, Pontypool, NP4 0HL   
 
Notification from MCC on 17th July – respond before 8th July (21 days)   No objections 
 
ACTION: Clerk to notify MCC Done 13/07   
 
10.3 MCC Enforcement Cases   
 
List received from MCC on 6th June – circulated by email on 13th June 1 new listing – untidy land   List received from MCC on 4th July – 2 closed cases, breach terminated and notice complied with.   
 
11.  Finance 
·         Copy of accounts circulated by email in advance of meeting 
·         Passbook balance – £12,850.80 confirmed and signed by the chair, John Wright 
·         John Turner, internal auditor fee - £50.00 proposed JS, seconded SW ACTION: Clerk 
·         £230.20 - Including Clerks expenses £35.20 (Including payment to Johan Klos, Website maintenance, domain and webhosting per year - £180 and £15 Bank charge for international transfer, has to be paid directly into bank account, paid by clerk – to reimburse clerk, Olivia Beaumont proposed LJ, seconded JL ACTION: Clerk 
·         Monmouthshire County Council – Llanbadoc Island Play Area purchase and install 1 x standard picnic table - £608 plus VAT,£729.60 (insurance agreed to reimburse) proposed JW, seconded JL ACTION: Clerk.  Send a copy of the invoice to Zurich Insurance 
·         35 bags of concrete - £175 plus VAT, as approved on 04/05/16 - Deferred 
·         Hedge Cutting Glascoed Lane, Ian Lewis requested November 2015 - £100 plus VAT – ACTION: Clerk 
 
12.  Any Other Business (at the discretion of the chairman)   
 
·         Jo Story stated that the no BBQ sign at Llanbadoc Island was not prominent enough and was being over looked / ignored. Agenda for next meeting ACTION: Clerk 
·         GAVO Volunteer Awards – Pathcare group – ACTION: Clerk to contact Morag Sinton and Mike Noakes (closing date 29th July 2016) DONE 19/07 
·         Grass management of commons in Glascoed by play area – Roger Morgan of Coed-y-Paen interested. ACTION: Clerk emailed councillors for contact details 13/07 
·         JW reported hedge on the northern side of church lane, Glascoed, (Mr Williams boundary) – so overgrown that there is now a danger of damage to vehicles ACTION: Clerk DONE – MCC reference 022247 
 
13.  Date of next meeting – Wednesday 3rd August 2016   
 
Yours faithfully,     
 
 
 
Olivia Beaumont, Clerk
Back to top Print View