Minutes 2016-08-03 Llanbadoc Community Council
posted on Thu Sep 08 2016, 09:40AM
by Olivia Beaumont
[ Edited Thu Sep 08 2016, 09:41AM ]

 LLANBADOC COMMUNITY COUNCIL  
 
  Clerk: Olivia Beaumont, The Glade, Trostrey, Usk NP15 1JH. Tel. 01291 673515 email. clerk@llanbadoc.org 
  
LCC – Llanbadoc Community Council 
MCC – Monmouthshire County Council 
OVW – One Voice Wales 
GAVO – Gwent Association of Voluntary Organisations   
 
Minutes of meeting held on Wednesday 3rd August 2016, 6.30pm at County Hall, Usk   

Present: Cllr. Hilary Jones (HJ), Cllr. Jo Storey (JS), Cllr. Peter Clarke (PC), Cllr. James Lawrence (JL), Cllr. John Wright (JW), Cllr. Mark Reardon (MR)   

Members of the public: County Cllr. Val Smith (VS), Megan Jones (MS) (Community Development Office Woodland Trust) and 5 members of the public including Jenny Carpenter (JC)   

Did not attend: Cllr. Laura Jones (LJ)   
 
Minutes taken by JW and typed up by the clerk   

1.    Apologies for absence Cllr. Steve Waring and clerk, Olivia Beaumont   

2.    Declarations of interest   Planning Matters - Cllr. Peter Clarke has previously declared a personal and prejudicial interest in this item under the member’s code of conduct, due to his position on the Planning Board of Monmouthshire County Council.   

3.    Police Report   No police presence, June Crime report – awaiting at time of publishing agenda   

4.    Meeting adjourned and members of the public invited to speak   
 
The chair introduced Jenny Carpenter who gave a brief resume of her background and put forward her interest in the position of councillor for the Glascoed Ward.  MR proposed and JW seconded, all present in agreement.  Jenny Carpenter then signed the declaration of office.   Community Councillor information pack provided to JC.   ACTION: Clerk JC to be added to email distribution list, JC contact details to be added to Councillor contact list, contact details to be provided to the clerk ACTION: JC   
 
5 members of the public present, residents of Woodside, representations re speeding on the A472 County Hall to Usk.  Questions as to whether speed cameras possible or other actions.  One resident has mobility problems and finds the speeding dangerous. Worse traffic coming out of Usk as traffic speeds up.  ACTION: Clerk to write to County Council to ask for advice.  Highways Dept. invited to attend next meeting to answer the resident’s questions and look for solutions.  HJ advised residents of scheme with the police where residents are trained to use speed cameras. ACTION: Clerk notify police – could Community speed van be used?   
 
6.45pm - County Cllr. Val Smith arrived and contributed to the discussion, suggestion of a 20mph speed limit.  Can the case of Mr Nixon be brought to the attention of MCC, who might have disability legislation to conform to?   
 
Mr Nixon, a local resident with a disability that requires a wheelchair raised the issue of the camber of the pavement in Llanbadoc, and its unsuitability for a mobility scooter, members of the public raised the question of ‘disability legislation’ and should MCC be making that stretch of road accessible ACTION: Clerk – to advise members of the public Wednesday 7th September.   
 
The chair introduced Megan Jones (MJ), The Woodland Trust Community Development Officer based at Cefn Ila.   Presentation provided and inform of forthcoming events at Cefn Ila:   18th September 2016 – Oral History event (invitation only) 23rd October 2016 – Apple Day   MJ confirmed that she would distribute the LCC walks leaflets at Usk Show.   HJ advised of new info hub using Llanbadoc telephone box, happy to distribute Woodland Trust information from the hub   The chair, HJ thanked MJ for the presentation   

5.    Report from County Councillor Val Smith   
·         Attended conference and seminar on governance and future generations bill. 
·         Attended Community Health Council meeting – service reconfiguration 
·         Long discussion with representation of boundary commission, involved in Monmouthshire County Council review, need for competency, value for money emphasised 
·         Resident attended Strong Communities Select Committee to express concerns about traffic at Woodside 
·         Issues raised by members of the public rubbish at Llanbadoc Island, bikes in woods at Glascoed, query over poison on Glascoed common? Picked up by dog, parking issues at Woodside 
·         Organ recital August 12th at St Madoc’s 7pm   

6.    Adoption of minutes – Wednesday 6th July 2016 – Proposed by JW and seconded by JL, small correction to attendees noted and amended, signed by the chair (ACTION: Clerk to be published on website)   

7.    Clerks Report – Please see full correspondence list   No comments   

8.    Councillors Reports   

(Sub-Group) Procedural and Financial 
(Cllr. Hilary Jones, Cllr. Peter Clarke, Cllr. Jo Storey, Cllr. James Lawrence)   
Jenny Carpenter to be added to sub-group (Action: clerk)   
 
·         Councillor liability responses received from OVW, NALC and Zurich Insurance – all seen responses – no further comment 
·         New model Financial regulations from OVW – updated June 2016 – Send to JC ACTION: Clerk·         Contract control – Twyn-y-Cryn Tree Surgery 2016 – SW to action – Ongoing 
·         Outstanding member’s interests – Requirement to publish on website – PC will sign the form – clerk to bring to next meeting ACTION: Clerk   
Procedural and Financial Sub group meeting in September – ACTION: Clerk 
 
(Sub-Group) Environment 
(Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Mark Reardon, Cllr. Steve Waring, Cllr. Hilary Jones, Cllr. James Lawrence)   
 
·         GAVO Volunteer Awards – Mark Lloyd from MCC has nominated Pathcare group 
·         Pathcare update provided by JW – Paths done and reservoir trail next week. 
·         BT box phone update by HJ – Painted, shelving end of next week – price up a sign ‘info hub’ ACTION: HJ  
·         Contract control Twyn-y-Cryn – Action SW 
·         Trostra Common – JW has checked Bettina’s report. There are 2 trees which are recommended to be felled within 6 months. The Pathcare group can do this and have programmed the work for Sept/Oct 2016.   
(Sub-Group) Website 
(Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Steve Waring, Cllr. Mike Faraday, Cllr. Laura Jones, Cllr. Hilary Jones)   
JL and JC would like to join the group, and HJ would like to come off group 
 
Meeting in September to refresh members ACTION: Clerk    

(Sub-Group) Newsletter 
(Cllr. Steve Waring, Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Hilary Jones and Cllr. Jo Storey)   
 
Photograph of JC to be provided to HJ – Ready for distribution 16th September ACTION: JC   
Newsletter to be distributed by end of August 2016   

Rural Forum (Cllr. Peter Clarke) - 7th July at Raglan School (7pm)   PC attended, only 3 people present PC implored councillors to support the next meeting to keep the forum going   

Prison Liaison (HJ attended) - 11/07/2016 in The Cilwrgi Farm Boardroom, - The Barn - NP4 0SZ at 14:00 – advised of prison figures, on failure to return and 1 absconder and both now back in custody. Next meeting in October    

Meeting with Woodlands Trust, Rural Life Museum and MCC 18th July, attended by MR and the clerk, Olivia Beaumont – minutes circulated, MJ’s presentation covered the gist of the meeting.   

Usk Chamber of Commerce no report   

OVW HJ and JS unable to attend the meeting held on Thursday 7th July, 7pm, Sessions House, Maryport Street, Usk - No report   

Give Dog Fouling the Red Card Next meeting to be held in the Conference Room Usk County Hall for 2.30pm on Thursday 18th August 2016 to be attended by JS.   Residents of Woodside complained about dog fouling at Usk Bridge on Woodside Public footpath into woods.  ACTION: Clerk to contact to order another sign, £20 approved by council members – environment budget.   

Abergavenny and District partners against crime meeting – Abergavenny Police Station – 7pm on Thursday 7th July, the new police and crime commissioner, Mr Jeff Cuthbert in attendance – no representation   ACTION: Clerk to resend a list of OVW training   

9.    Matters Arising   
·         Adoption of new Councillor – previously dealt with. 
·         Woodside – HJ advised on FB complaints by residents, JW offered to cut thistles back, ACTION: Clerk write to MCC to ascertain ownership, comments from residents 
·         Usk Island – Bins are full again, concerns over environmental health issues and public eye sore. How often is litter collected? ACTION: Clerk 
·         BBQ sign at Llanbadoc is not prominent enough, as requested by Cllr. Jo Storey – Environment group – will investigate and report back 
·         Grass management of commons in Glascoed by play area – Roger Morgan of Coed-y-Paen interested – contact details?  The grass has been cut, bailed and removed.  How was access acquired, no disclaimer or written authorisation ACTION: Clerk Disclaimer notice – HJ to put through door 
·         Cllr. John Wright previously reported hedge on the northern side of church lane, Glascoed, (Mr Williams boundary) – so overgrown that there is now a danger of damage to vehicles – still not actioned, followed up with MCC on 29/07 MCC Reference - 022247   

10.  Planning   

10.1 MCC Planning Committee Meeting   
 
Agenda for Planning Committee on Tuesday, 2nd August, 2016, site inspections on the 1 August 2016.   No applications affecting the ward.   

10.2 Planning Applications   
 
Consultee letter for Appeal Application: DC/2015/01516 - Green Tree Orchard 

Application Number:  DC/2015/01516         
Application Type: Planning Permission 
Description of Proposal: Proposed extension to the existing storage building and the Change of Use of the existing building on the land of Green Tree Orchard to residential, which will incorporate alterations to the existing entrance. This is a re-submission of planning no. DC/2015/00280. 
Location: Green Tree Orchard Store, Coed Chambers Road, Glascoed, Monmouthshire NP4 0TF    

Refused by MCC on 5th January 2016      
 
No further comments   

10.3 MCC Enforcement Cases   
 
No new lists received since last meeting   

11.  Finance 
 
·         Hard copy of accounts circulated at meeting, looked at expenditure against budget – no queries ·         Passbook balance – £11,841.00 confirmed and signed by the chair 
·         Invoice - £35.20 Clerks expenses (July 2016) – PC, JS ACTION: Clerk 
·         Invoice - £1,815.58 Clerks salary April, May and June PC, JS ACTION: Clerk 
·         Receipt - Zurich Insurance cheque £629.60 – Llanbadoc Island Play Area purchase and install 1 x standard picnic table – ACTION: Clerk 
·         Receipt - Wayleave payment – Western Power Distribution £141.04 ACTION: Clerk 
·         £29.45 Painting materials purchased by John Wright for refurbishment of BT Phone Box at Llanbadoc – JS, PC ACTION: Clerk 
·         35 bags of concrete - £175 plus VAT, as approved on 04/05/16 – invoice required - ONGOING ·         Hedge Cutting Glascoed Lane, Ian Lewis requested November 2015 - £100 plus VAT – invoice required - ONGOING   

12.  Any Other Business 
(at the discretion of the chairman)   
 
JS raised comments and complaints about the Eisteddfod – advised to raise directly with Eisteddfod organisers JC requested no abbreviations in minutes –  the chair requested to list abbreviations within the minutes ACTION: clerk 
 
JC requested that minutes list Councillors not present, even if no apologies received HJ requested to agenda discussion for the need of meetings in August? (would need to review standing orders) ACTION: clerk    

13.  Date of next meeting – Wednesday 7th September 2016 at 6.30pm   
 
There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.25pm   
 
Yours faithfully,     
 
 
 
Olivia Beaumont, Clerk
Back to top Print View