Minutes 2017-03-01 Llanbadoc Community Council
posted on Fri Mar 24 2017, 08:16PM
by Jenny Carpenter
[ Edited Sat Apr 15 2017, 11:37AM ]

  LLANBADOC COMMUNITY COUNCIL  
   Minutes of meeting held on Wednesday 1st March 2017 at 6.30pm, County Hall, The Rhadyr, Usk   

Present: Cllr. Hilary Jones (HJ), Cllr. John Wright (JW), Cllr. Mark Reardon (MR), Cllr. Steve Waring (SW), Cllr. Jo Storey (JS), Cllr. Peter Clarke (PC) and Cllr. James Lawrence (JL)   

Members of the public: 5 members of the public (3 representing Usk Football club) and County Councillor Val Smith   

1.      Apologies for absence: Cllr. Jenny Carpenter (JC)   

Did not attend: Laura Jones   

2.      Declarations of interest:  Planning Matters - Cllr. Peter Clarke has previously declared a personal and prejudicial interest in this item under the member’s code of conduct, due to his position on the Planning Committee of Monmouthshire County Council.   
3.      Police Report: Gwent now updates as listed on clerk’s report, no local crime report available   

4.      Report from County Councillor Val Smith:   
·         Continue to shadow select cabinet 
·         Issues around affordable housing provision 
·         Final draft of budget to cabinet 
·         Proposed new delivery model for tourism, leisure, culture and youth services 
·         Well-being assessment and objectives 
·         Usk Primary school involved in cluster of 9 primary schools and Monmouth Comp 
·         Good presentation on options for ochain bridge 
·         Excellent visit to ‘Heads of the Valleys’ site and mini tour 
·         2 meetings of speed safety group, disappointing progress   

5.      Meeting adjourned and members of the public invited to speak   
3 Representatives of Usk Town Football Club informed the Community Council they have been promoted to Gwent league, because of this a single bar barrier is required for around the football pitch situated on Usk Island as a crowd control measure, with gaps for access. This will be removeable and the Football Club are looking at planning requirements. The football club lease the ground from Monmouthshire County Council.  The chair congratulated the Football Club on their promotion.   
 
A resident of Woodside voiced their frustration at lack of police involvement to monitor speed in Woodside. The resident has an appointment with Roger Hoggins from MCC on 16th March. The chair explained that the Community Council had pursued this request with Gwent police. The chair will contact PC1233 Peter Evans to prompt this request and wished the resident good luck with his meeting with Roger Hoggins.   
 
Peter Clarke explained that 14 Llangybi residents have become involved in ‘speed watch’ with Gwent police, they have reported 57 motorists, if vehicles are reported on more than one occasion they can be prosecuted.   
 
A resident raised his continued concerns over the use of land by Usk Island car park, in terms of the appearance of the site and caravan storage.  The chair responded that MCC are investigating a breach, with a possible change of use without planning and MCC enforcement officers are investigating.    

6.      Adoption of minutes – Wednesday 1st February 2017   JW proposed and SW seconded ACTION: JC to change title to ‘adopted minutes’ on website. ACTION: Clerk to send today’s draft minutes to JC for publication on the website. Done 23/03   

7.      Clerks Report – Please see full correspondence list.   
·         Elections – Candidate nomination forms (electoral register) – ACTION: JC will collect these on behalf of the council and submit to County Hall before the deadline. 
·         Town and Community Council Survey – Completed and submitted by HJ   

8.      Planning   

8.1 MCC Planning Committee Meeting   Met on Monday 27th February, notes made at that meeting circulated to full council   

8.2 Report from the LCC Planning sub group   

8.3 Planning Applications   

Application Number:  DC/2017/00035 - Construction of a new vehicular access from the public highway into part of The Woodside Trading Estate. (extension approved)   Vote: 6 refused, 1 abstain – Cllr. Val Smith declared an interest and did not participate in discussions   ACTION: Clerk to submit responses and comments to MCC Done 15/03   

Application Number:  DC/2017/00027 - The erection of a raw water pumping station, fish screen, transformer station, security fencing, lighting, underground pipework, landscaping, building demolition, modifications to existing site access, along with temporary coffer dam, construction compound and construction access. (extension approved)   Vote: 6 refused, 1 abstain   ACTION: Clerk to submit responses and comments to MCC Done 15/03   LDP – obtain a copy ACTION: Clerk Copy obtained and given to HJ   

8.4 MCC Enforcement Cases (confidential) – Email from MCC dated 14/02/2017 – circulated to councillors   

9. Finance 
a.      Copy of accounts circulated by email in advance of meeting – no queries 
b.      Responsible Finance Officer Report, including review of the accounts and spending against budget 
c.       Passbook balance £16,765.70 confirmed and signed by the chair 
d.      -£49.19 Clerks expenses – February 2017, proposed by PC and seconded by JS 
e.      -£1495.47 MCC Salary Oct-Dec 2016, proposed by PC and seconded by SW 
f.       -£138.30 Welsh Audit Office, External Audit, proposed by PC and seconded by SW 
g.      -£45.00 Annual membership to Open Spaces Society, proposed by JS and seconded by MR 
h.      -£6.78 Merlin Waste – February collections, proposed by JL and seconded by JW 
i.        Approval of Engagement letter to internal auditor proposed by PC and seconded by SW   ACTION: Clerk items d. to i.  Done 04/03/2017 and 23/03/17   

10. Reports                                                

(Sub-Group) Procedural and Financial (Cllr. Hilary Jones, Cllr. Peter Clarke, Cllr. Jo Storey, Cllr. James Lawrence, Cllr. Jenny Carpenter)   Meeting TBC to review clerks contract and job description – ACTION: HJ                                                                                                                            
(Sub-Group) Environment (Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Mark Reardon, Cllr. Steve Waring, Cllr. Hilary Jones, Cllr. James Lawrence)   
j.        Management of Twyn y Cryn Safety work – assessed by JW and SW, sought a single quotation, if under £600 this can be accepted by environment group as proposed by full council 
k.      Tender action for work in Lower common – SW completed a tender assessment matrix. Recommend accepting Morris, agreed by full council. Clerk to notify successful and unsuccessful tenders. ACTION: Clerk  Done  
l.       Commons Ownership – Discrepancy over small area of land at Twyn y Cryn – JW ongoing 
m.     Path Survey’s ongoing 
n.      Walk leaflets have been delivered to Usk Museum 
o.      Re writing of walks leaflets ongoing 
p.      JW submitted a nomination to OVW for an award for ‘good practice’ for pathcare 
q.      Llanbadoc Community Council Path Care Group Task Record - Volunteer Group Risk Assessment 
r.       Investigating Chain saw training for 2 members of the pathcare group 
s.      Chair investigating permission required for sign at information kiosk 
t.       Resident reported Dog Waste in Church Lane, clerk reported to MCC 
u.      Motor bike tracks in Monkswood – SW proposed some ideas, which he will take forward to the environment group     

(Sub-Group) Website (Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Steve Waring, Cllr. Laura Jones, Cllr. Jenny Carpenter and Cllr. James Lawrence)   Meeting of the website group held.  Minor adjustments and update of news items.   In the agenda for the next meeting to explore website alternatives   

(Sub-Group) Community Event   JW reported that he has provisionally booked The Glascoed Pub 22nd July, investigating ceilidh band. PC recommended contacting Sarah at The Glen yr Afon Hotel for a list of local bands.     

MCC Cluster Meeting (Usk) – Tuesday, 14th March 2017 at 6pm, Conference Room, County Hall, Usk. ACTION: JC and JL to attend   
One Voice Wales Meeting – Next meeting 6th April 2017, 7pm in the library, Sessions House in Usk. JS provided apologies   

HMPS Prison Liaison Meeting – no meetings confirmed   

PROPOSED CHANGES IN THE RENUMERATION FOR TOWN AND COMMUNITY COUNCILLORS organized by the INDEPENDENT RENUMERATION PANEL FOR WALES (IRPW) – JW reported   

9.      Matters Arising   
a.      Access to Sports Facilities – LJ requested item as not present remove item from agenda 
b.      Grass cutting contract MCC ACTION: Clerk to accept Done 06/03/2017 
c.       Container park in Llanbadoc – as raised by local resident in item 5 
d.      Beaufort Arms – The chair, HJ has emailed the owner, awaiting reply 
e.      Litter bins – actioned and emptied.  Litter bin outside Beeches in Woodside needs replacing, emptied by MCC every Monday morning. ACTION: Clerk contact Dewi Lane Done 23/03   

12.  Matters to be considered for the next agenda (at the discretion of the chairman)   
MR – Look at Sub groups composition, Agenda item – ACTION: Clerk   

13.  Date of next meetings – Wednesday 5th April 2017 6.30pm and Wednesday 10th May 2017 6pm AGM, followed by ordinary meeting.   
 
There being no further business the meeting closed at 20.20   
 
Yours faithfully,     
 
Olivia Beaumont, Clerk
Back to top Print View