Agenda for Llanbadoc Community Council meeting on Wednesday 3rd January 2018 6pm at County Hall
posted on Wed Dec 13 2017, 03:29PM
by Olivia Beaumont
[ Edited Thu Feb 08 2018, 11:25AM ]

 
Agenda published on 28th December 2017
 
AGENDA LLANBADOC COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
 
 
Meeting of Llanbadoc Community Council to be held at County Hall, Usk on Wednesday 3rd January 2018 6.00pm
 
Dear Councillor 
 
You are hereby summoned to attend the Ordinary Meeting of Llanbadoc Community Council to be held at County Hall, Usk on Wednesday 3rd January 2018 6.00pm, for the purpose of transacting the following business. 
 
Yours faithfully, Olivia Beaumont CLERK 
 
Members are reminded that they attend this meeting under the provisions of the Community Council’s Code of Conduct. 
Members of the public are invited to address the Community Council for 15 minutes where stated in the agenda.  
 
1. Apologies for absence: 
 
2. Declarations of interest from members:  Planning Matters - Cllr. Peter Clarke has previously declared a prejudicial interest in this item under the member’s code of conduct, due to his position on the Planning Committee of Monmouthshire County Council. 
 
3. Police Report: 
a. Local police report - awaiting at time of agenda publication
 
4. Meeting adjourned and members of the public invited to speak: (time for this session is at the discretion of the chair)
 
5. Adoption of Minutes: Chair to move to approve minutes of meeting held on Wednesday 6th December 2017
 
6. Matters Arising from the Minutes / Current Business:
a. Relocation of Picnic Benches at Usk Island
b. Glascoed Commons grass cutting & Key holders 
c. Speeding through Llanbadoc and Monkswood, MCC Speeding Committee 
d. Triangle of Land in Woodside 
e. Signage 
i. Glascoed Cross Roads (MCC to replace at no cost to LCC) 
ii. To replace signs at Woodside approaching Usk River Bridge - £294 quote from MCC  
f. Ploughing over Usk Valley walk 
g. DPA - (IT Infrastructure - Data storage, access, protection and sharing - Council Laptop, Council specific email addresses, anti-virus, Cloud storage) – Report from EW
h. Bank Signatories 
• Removal of MR (replacement sig?) 
• Addendum to complete by all remaining sigs HJ, MR, JW and JS
i. Councillor Vacancies 
• Appointment of new councillor for Monkswood – Advertised - Can co-opt from 4th December 2017
• Resignation of Mark Reardon on 7th December 2017 - Advertise vacancy & Election of Vice Chair remainder of 17/18
j. External Audit Themes 2017/2018 – One Voice Wales October 2017 Bulletin – Use of Reserves and Internal Audit - finance to group to present  
k. Appointment of internal auditor (letter of engagement)   
l. Governance – Preparing for changes in Data Protection Law – OVW to provide advice in New year. JW, PS and HJ working group 
m. Budget for 2018/19
n. Precept request for 2018/19
 
7. Matters arising from recent correspondence / New Business
a. Monmouthshire Local Development Plan – Public consultation Monday 11th Dec 2017 – Mon 5th Feb 2018
b. (As documented in Internal audit policy) Finance and Procedural Group to meet in January to:
• Review Effectiveness of the internal Audit
• Review the Councils system for internal financial control 
• Review Audit Plan
• Review Terms of reference for the Internal Auditor
• To check that the council has carried out a risk assessment in the last 12 months
c. Clerk payroll – notification from MCC
d. LCC Facebook message - Prescoed prison and the litter that appears along the lanes after every weekend -McDonald's packaging and drinks cans 
e. Clerk Pay scale
f. Major Gas Works in Usk – PS to report as attended meeting 
g. Update re future of the Beaufort Public House - PS
h. Responsibility for preservation of ex Railway buildings opposite Usk Island Car Park - PS
 
9. Planning
 
a. MCC Planning Committee Meeting – Agenda for Planning Committee on Tuesday, 9th January 2018, 2.00 pm – no ward applications
b. Report from the LCC Planning sub group
c. Planning Applications 
d. MCC Enforcement Cases (confidential) 
 
9. Finance 
a. Copy of accounts circulated by email in advance of meeting and all agreed payments from the last meeting made – no queries.
b. Responsible Finance Officer Report, including review of the accounts and spending against budget 
c. Passbook balance £15423.83 to be confirmed and signed by the chair
d. Payments 
i. Individual Councillor remuneration requests  
ii. £25.00 Chair’s allowance  
iii. £35.00 Clerk’s expenses 
iv. £152.21 MCC Community/Town Council Election Recharge – 4th May 2017
v. £200 Hire of Digger – JW (approved at meeting held on 7/6/2017) - ongoing
vi. £ Pin board to repair BAE Noticeboard - SW (approved to replace pin board at meeting held on 6/9/2017)
vii. £200 Isobel Brown – Completion of website – To propose payment as invoice due January 2018
viii. £495.80 plus VAT - MCC Grounds maintenance contract 2017 – Notified on 7/11/17 in an email from MCC – To propose payment as Invoice due January 2018  
 
10. Reports (no reports received) 
 
a. (Sub-Group) Procedural and Financial 
(Cllr. Hilary Jones, Cllr. Peter Clarke, Cllr. Jo Storey, Cllr. James Lawrence, Cllr. Jenny Carpenter) 
 
b. (Sub-Group) Environment (Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Hilary Jones, Cllr. James Lawrence) 
i. Llanbadoc Island Car park 
ii. Jenny’s bushes
iii. BAE Noticeboard – see item dvi 
 
c. (Sub-Group) Website (Cllr. John Wright, Cllr. Jenny Carpenter, Mark Reardon and Cllr. James Lawrence) 
 
   11.  Matters to be considered for the next agenda (at the discretion of the chairman)
 
12.  Date of next meetings –  Wednesday 7th February 2018 and Wednesday 7th March
 
Olivia Beaumont, Clerk (Proper Officer) / RFO, Llanbadoc Community Council
Back to top Print View